MY Philosophy !!

Who I am and want to be as a teacher...


As a teacher I want to be someone my students look up to and respect. I want to be that teacher my students' have no problem talking to as well as someone they seek for guidance. As a Physical Educator I feel it is my responsibility to motivate and encourage my students' to be more knowledgable on physical fitness as well as their overall health and nutrition. I refuse to be the "gym" teacher who rolls out the kickballs at the start of class and just sits back and watches the students' run around. Instead, I'm going to embed literacy within my gymnasium and make my students comprehension on fitness terminology, as well as sport terminology much higher than the average Phys Ed class. :)




My Metaphorical Image - The Teacher as a Free Weight




I see myself as a free weight for my students. I am like a weight that is available for use everyday. The more you use me the stronger you will become as a student just like a weight that is used to increase muscle mass I can be utilized to help increase the knowledge within their brains.

Goal:

My goal as a future educator is to never give up on a student. No matter how bad a students' actions may be portrayed to be that is no excuse to ignore, fail, or give up on trying to reach out and help that student. I never want to lose focus on my task as a educator and again, I refuse to be that "Gym Teacher" who does absolutely nothing but take attendance and watch the kids run around.

No comments: