Experience

Samantha Marsala
89-11 Springfield Blvd, Queens Village, NY 11429
631-790-4408
Sickshooter05@aol.com

Objective
To obtain a position as a Physical Education teacher.

Education
Bachelor of Science, Physical Education K-12
CUNY York College, Jamaica Expected: May 2009
· Major: Physical Education
Related course work: Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Theories and Techniques of coaching, Motor skill and development, Educational psychology, literacy Instruction, swimming, basketball, lacrosse, football, golf, volleyball, tennis, self defense, dance etc.

High School Diploma, General Ed Studies June 2004
Longwood High School, Middle Island




Skills/Abilities

Teamwork


· Two minds are better than one. I am always willing to lend a helping hand as well as take one. Especially within the school system I feel teamwork amongst students is extremely important as well as teamwork amongst co workers. I have always been a member of an athletic team and teamwork builds trust, loyalty, and strength within a group.

Communication


· Communication is the key to many problems and/or solutions within life. I am a very good communicator, keeping lines of communication always open. I am a very approachable person and will never deny the opportunity to talk something out. As a teacher I feel communication with my students as well as my co-workers is extremely important. Keeping the best interest of my students always first I feel other teachers as well as my principal should know what is going on inside my classroom with my students as I would like to know with theirs to make sure we are always on the same page. Confusion amongst teachers is something the students should not have to deal with.

Leadership


· Always willing to take charge and lead. Currently run a department by myself that entails teamwork, communication, and creative thinking.
· Do not have a problem taking responsibility in whatever it is I am involved in at the time.



Experience

Cross Merchandizing Associate, The Home Depot, Jamaica (April 2007- current)
Cashier, The Home Depot, Patchogue (March 2005 - April 2007)
Fountain/Grill work, Friendly’s Restaurant, Coram (November 2002- July 2004)
Counselor, Summer Camp at Longwood H.S., Middle Island (Summer 03’,04’,05’)

No comments: